The Committee announced the competition for the best souvenir production for tourists of 2012 year
On 8-9th of December 2012, at the "Ismailia" cultural centre in Dushanbe, Tajikistan the winter handicrafts exhibition will be held.
Co-organizers of this event are the Committee of Youth Affairs, Sports and Tourism under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Cultural centre “Bactria”, GIZ and the State of Art college of the country.
Within the exhibition framework the Committee of Youth Affairs, Sports and Tourism under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, announced the competition for the best souvenirs for tourists-2012. The commission will choose the best productions presented by participants of the event. The Committee will award producers for the best tourist souvenir with the following prizes:
The winner 1- 2,5 thousand somoni;
The winner 2- 1,5 thousand somoni;
The winner 3- 1 thousand somoni.
The selection criteria for the best souvenirs for tourists are as follows:
- Reflection of national, natural, cultural, historical and ethnographic colour of ancient Tajikistan;
- Small size and compactness of the souvenir for the convenient packaging and carriage by tourist;
- The souvenir must display the word "Tajikistan";
- The souvenir should be reasonably priced;
- The souvenir must have the name of the producer. (to protect intellectual rights)
For the period of exhibition, the Committee of Youth Affairs, Sports and Tourism will provide hotel accommodation for all the interested participants of exhibition for special price (36 somoni for a bed) at Hotel "Varzish" (Sports).