Travelling to Tajikistan
You can travel to Tajikistan by plane, train or by car. There are direct flights from Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Almaty, Bishkek, Riga, Istanbul, Dubai, Urumchi, Tehran, Mashkhad, and Frankfurt. From these cities more than 10 national and international carriers service Tajikistan such as Turkish Airlines and Somon Air on a new fleet of Boeing aircraft. Also the national air companies ’Tajik Air’ and ‘Somon Air’ offer more than 10 flights a week to different regions of the country including Khujand, Kulob and Khorog.
In Tajikistan there are several local and international airports. The biggest terminals are in airports located in Dushanbe, Khujand and Kulob. You can get all the details about ticket costs of the above mentioned air companies on their websites ….
Connecting Europe: Turkish Airlines www.turkishairlines.com
Somon Air www.somonair.com
Connecting Russia: Tajik Air www.tajikair.tj
S7 Airlines www.s7.ru
Rossiya Airlines www.rossiya-airlines.com
Domodedova Airlines www.domodedovo.ru
Connecting China: China Southern Airlines www.csair.com
Ticket offices and representatives of air companies are located in Dushanbe in Tajikistan at Chekhov Street, not far from the “Shoh Mansur” market (former “Zelyoniy Bazaar”).
Upon arrival at the International airport of Dushanbe, you can use the services of public transport or taxis. Taxi costs 50 Somoni (10 USD) from the airport to the center of Dushanbe.
Entry to and departure from Tajikistan can be made via any international admission points of state borders, open for entries in particular:
- Nizhniy Pyanj, Kumsangir district, Khatlon region,
- village Kokul, Parkhar district, Khatlon region
- micro-district Tem of Khorog town
- village Ruzvai, Darvaz district, GBAO
- village Khumrogi, Vanj district, GBAO
- village Ishkashim, Ishkashim district, GBAO
- village Kyzyl Art, Murgab district, GBAO
- village Dagana, Isfara district, Soghd region
- check point at the central road of Penjikent – Samarkand
- village Beshtepa, Tursunzade district
- check point at the railroad station of Kanibadam, Kanibadam district, Soghd region
- check point at the railroad station of Nau, Nau district, Sughd region
- check point at the railroad station Pakhtaabad, Tursunzade district
- check point at the railroad station of Khoshad, Shaartuz district, Khatlon region
- airports (in Dushanbe, Khojent, Kulyab and Kurgonteppa).
The following border crossing points are currently NOT open to tourist:
village Kulma, Murgab district, GBAO
- village Langar, Ishkashim district, GBAO
- area Kyzyl Rabot (Gunjbai), Murgab district, GBAO